Sunbed Health & Safety
Everything you need to know about using our sunbeds.
- You are pregnant
- You are under 18
- You are taking medications or using creams which may sensitise your skin to sunlight
- You have a history of sunburn; especially in childhood
- you have a large number of moles
No, but they can certainly enhance the results. Different lotions are formulated with a variety of ingredients and each product is unique, however they generally include skin nutrients and components to encourage the skins natural production of melanin (pigment) and also often function as moisturisers to maintain the skin’s healthy appearance and feel. Moisturisers are recognised as the single most important factor in maintaining your skin’s tanning potential and to prevent the drying that often occurs with exposure to Ultraviolet light.
- Remove all jewellery before your tanning session
- Don’t have more than one session per day
- Don’t exceed recommended times of more than 10 minutes per day
- Don’t sunbath on the same day as using a sunbed
- Always wear the googles provided with the sunbed unit
That’s for you to decide. Some tanners prefer a no-tan- line look and tan bare, and others prefer to wear bathing suits or underwear. If you’re tanning a part of your body that hasn’t been previously exposed and is much lighter than other parts, we recommend that you cover these areas during part of your tanning session, or wear a sun block on those areas to allow them to catch up with the rest of your skin without burning.
All our units are fitted with dual timers which need to be set separately to operate. The unit will automatically switch off when time is up.